Saturday, October 18, 2014

Some updates

I have been absent lately due to some work and family events. I finally got my permit. I am officially an apprentice falconer in Kentucky!!  

I have been out trapping twice so far with my sponsor. So far we have only seen a few haggard birds. So I'm still waiting to find my bird. 

Today however was the first time that I have been hunting with my sponsor, we got in a field that was absolutely covered in rabbits. He has an eyas goshawk that caught her first rabbit today that was not a baggie. 

  
I was so impressed with the speed of this bird off the fist! It is truly a spectacular flight to witnessed. I also was able to watch another falconers 3 year eyas goshawk take two rabbits from the same field. 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment