Friday, September 11, 2015

I'm back! Hopefully for good!


Hey guys and gals! I'm going to try to keep up with this blog this season. Last season it fell by the way due to too many projects going on. 


Let me introduce Bohannon, my male passage Red Tail Hawk for the 2015-16 season. For the past few days he has been hanging out with the family trying to get used to us humans. His fear of us is starting to subside and his hunger is getting the best of him. Last night he finally ate a couple pieces of meat from the end of a chopstick. 

Tonight we will work on eating when the food is a little lower and he actually had to move his head for it. 

Getting the newly trapped hawk used to humans is called manning. I try to expose the hawk to everything indoors as much as I can while manning. Once he is comfortable inside we will move to the outside. 


He is still not too sure about that small human crawling around. Don't worry, the bird is far enough away that he can't get the baby! 

Well that's all I have for now. Talk to ya'll soon! 

God Bless America 




No comments:

Post a Comment