Monday, September 21, 2015

We have lift off!!

Two days ago I decided it was time to take Bohannon outside to try flying him to the glove. He did great! Came when he was called! I started just a few feet from him and was able to get 50 yards away. 

I did a little flying with him in the house last night, due to not getting home until after dark. He did very well though! 

This afternoon I took him out again. This time his response was instant! All the way out to 50 yards again. I also introduced him to his lure. The lure is what he will eat most of his meal off of and will be used to  trade him off game once we start hunting. 

I'm planning on doing a post on the equipment with pictures so that you all that are not familiar with falconry can know what I am writing about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment